Recipe by Chef*Lee
Horchata is a creamy cinnamon drink that is popular in Mexico, Spain, Latin America, and right here in Arizona!! I created this frozen yogurt to have the wonderful flavors of horchata!! Hope you like it!!!
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups plain yogurt (I used Dannon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl; whisk all the ingredients together until the sugar and cinnamon dissolve.
- Turn the ice cream machine on and pour mixture into the freezer bowl.
- Let mix until thickened, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place mixture in a freezer container and freeze until firm enough to scoop.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and a dusting of ground cinnamon. (optional).