Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was originally used as a dressing for cedar planked salmon. I decided to use it as a marinade for shrimp. It worked beautifully. Gives the shrimp an excellent flavor. From the Weber's Real Grilling Cookbook
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml honey
- 29.58 ml minced fresh chives
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml granulated garlic
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 453.59 g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Place all ingredients, except oil, in a blender and mix until well blended. With the blender still running, slowly pour in the oil to make a smooth dressing.
- You can also just whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
- Put shrimp in plastic zipper bag, cover with marinade and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place shrimp in a grill wok, or thread onto skewers and grill 5-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Prep time includes marinade time.
The whole family enjoyed this recipe. I had let the shrimp marinade for two hours the first time I made it and for about an hour the second time... Both delicious. I used a little sweet onion, as I didn't have the chives, and I added about a 1/2 T more of the lime juice (just to use what I had juiced), but that's definitely something you can adjust per your taste of course. Wonderful!
Delicious! This was a hit with my 4 year-old daughter as well as my husband who is not a huge seafood fan. Very fresh and light tasting. My new go-to recipe for shrimp skewers.
This was excellent!!! Great flavor and very easy. I forgot to get limes at the store, so I used fresh orange juice instead. I let my shrimp marinate about 8 hours before grilling. This is definitely a repeat!