Cedar Planked Salmon With Whiskey Maple Glaze
- Ready In:
- Plank: Make sure that the plank has soaked for at least 1 hour and up to 24.
- Glaze: Combine the whiskey and maple syrup in a small saucepan, bringing the mixture to a low boil and reduce by about half. You should have a thick syrup that coats the back of a spoon. Add chilies and butter and stir until just combined. Set aside and keep warm.
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper and granulated onion. Pour the glaze over the salmon carefully. Let the salmon sit for 10 - 15 minutes at room temperature, until the rub is moistened.
- Preheat the grill on medium high heat for 5 - 10 minutes. Rinse the plank and place it on the cooking grate. Cover the grill and heat the plank for 4 - 5 minutes or until it starts to throw off a bit of smoke and crackles lightly.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Season the plank with kosher salt and place the salmon, skin side down, on the plank. Cover the grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish flakes.
- Check periodically to make sure the plank doesn't catch fire and spray the burning edges with water if it does, making sure to close the lid afterwards.
- When the salmon is done, squeeze half a lemon along its length and carefully transfer to a platter. Garish with remaining lemon cut into slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!