Grilled Cedar-Planked Salmon
photo by Peter J
- Ready In:
- 1 cedar plank, untreated (14x7x1 inch)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, finely chopped (not oil packed)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (2 lb) salmon fillets, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice or 2 cups cooked brown rice
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- Place the plank in water, weight top and soak for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Mix the dressing, basil and tomatoes; reserve half the dressing for use when serving the fish; set aside.
- Brush the top of the pre-soaked plank with oil; top with the salmon, skin side down.
- Place on grill; cover with grill lid and grill 10 minutes.
- Brush with dressing mixture and continue to grill for an additional 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork.
- Remove from plank, remove skin and plate on top of cooked rice.
- Spoon a tablespoon or so of reserved dressing over fish, garnish with additional basil leaves and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!