Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
From Fine Cooking Magazine - "This sweet-tart glaze along with the heat of crushed red pepper and sweet smoked paprika, and the depth of coriander -- give a mellow cauliflower a zesty profile".
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium cauliflower, cored and cut into 1 inch florets
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a heavy duty 12-inch skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and 1/2 teaspoons salt and stir to coat. Cook, without stirring, until the cauliflower is browned on one side; about 4 minutes. Turn each piece over and cook, without stirring, until evenly browned on the second side, about 4 minutes more. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring often, until browned all over, about 4 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir 2 tablespoons water and the remaining 1 tablespoons oil with the onion, honey, ground coriander, paprika and pepper flakes.
- Add the onion mixture to the skillet and cook , stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 1 minute. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the cauliflower is glazed, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl, stir in the lemon juice and zest, and garnish with the cilantro. Serve immediately.
This was a nice and different way to fix my cauliflower! All the flavors came together and the cauliflower was nicely coated. Thanks Nancy! Made for Everyday is a Holiday game.