Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sounds awesome. This is from the December 2007 Cuisine at Home magazine. I am going to make it for Thanksgiving tomorrow. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- Boil honey, sugar, lemon juice, water, rosemary and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add cranberries and simmer until berries burst and sauce thickens, about 8 minutes.
- Remove rosemary.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
This was a perfect cranberry sauce! I will definitely be making this whenever I serve turkey from here on! It was a perfect combination of sour and sweetness and the rosemary overtones were exquisite!
Very nice! Not too sweet, not too tart, and I like the herbal note contributed by the rosemary. it seemed to be a hit with the fam, not much left over after tgiving dinner.
update Made it again this year and if possible its even better than before lol An absolutely outstanding recipe for cranberry sauce. Not to sweet, not to tart, i did replace the sugar with splenda but used the honey. Will never buy it again or make any other.