Sushi-Roll Rice Salad
This recipe was printed in Cuisine at Home, February 2007. This is better served warm at room temperature.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 4 cups cooked white rice, hot
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, julienned
- 3⁄4 cup cucumber, halved, seeded and sliced into half-moons
- 3⁄4 cup edamame, shelled, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, blend together the first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the rice, carrot, cucumber, edamame, scallions and vinegar mixture together.
- Season with salt to suit taste and garnish with sesame seeds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wonderful!!! I fixed this to go along with teriyaki beef steak and I cut the recipe in half for DH and I and wished I would have made the full amount...we ate it all. Loved the wasabi in the dressing and definately will be making this again. Might up the wasabi a little for our taste. Wish I could give more than 5 stars. Thank you for posting. Made for A Diabetic Summer Trip...Diabetes forum June 2013.Reply
We found this outstanding! As we both love sushi, this was the perfect salad to go with some teriyaki chicken. The only change I made was to use sprouted soy beans because I cannot get edamame here. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!<br/>Made for A Diabetic Summer Trip / Diabetes Forum June 2013Reply
I halved the recipe and still had more than enough for four people. Since I didn't have green onions or edamame, I used red onion and asparagus. I also added some cream cheese. This was okay, not as good as other salads I've had. I'd have liked to make it with just avocado, cream cheese, some kind of veggie tempura, and then use some kind of sauce -- like miso or chipotle - instead of the dressing which was a bit weak for our tastes. Thanks for sharing.Reply
see 12 more