Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a real fast and easy way to make great stroganoff, the meat is very tender and delicous!
Make and share this Homestyle Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 in. slices
- 226.79 g sliced mushrooms
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml parsley
- 0 to taste salt and pepper
- 59.16 ml sour cream
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 59.14 ml red wine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.0-44.37 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 package of medium egg noodles (wide if desired)
- Sauté onion in olive oil until softened.
- Add steak to the skillet and simmer meat covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove 3/4 of the juice from steak.
- Add red wine, cream of mushroom soup, salt and pepper and cover lid again.
- In separate pan sauté mushrooms in butter, add parsley and paprika.
- When done add sauteed mushrooms to the steak and bring to a boil.
- Add 4 tbls of sour cream to steak.
- Serve over medium or wide egg noodles.
This is awesome! So much more flavor than my previous recipe. I doubled the recipe, and added some garlic and worcestershire. Other than that, I followed the recipe to the dot. The meat is so tender, and there's so much depth of flavor I am amazed!
ETA: I now use 3/4 cup of red wine, and allow the meat and onions to simmer in the wine for about 30 minutes before adding any other ingredients. Much more flavor, and also much more tender.
Fabulous! Made it to my best of 2010 cookbook book #269572 I cooked the mushrooms ahead of time in the skillet then set aside. Did a quick sear on cube steaks (cheaper) and set aside. Sauteed onions added red wine to deglaze and put steaks back in and cooked covered for 30 minutes. Removed steaks, added mushrooms, soup, sour cream (reduced fat and used more than directed), paprika, tobasco brand worcestire and stirred well. Put in steaks and turned to coat. Cooked 10 minutes covered and truly was one of the best comfort foods I've ever made.
Really good stroganoff recipe. The meat came out so tender. DH really loved it. I felt I needed to add garlic for a little more flavor and also added a little milk near the end of cooking just to make more sauce. Thanks for posting the recipe.