Recipe by 1Roze4me
This is a real fast and easy way to make great stroganoff, the meat is very tender and delicous!
Top Review by Emoximuu
This is awesome! So much more flavor than my previous recipe. I doubled the recipe, and added some garlic and worcestershire. Other than that, I followed the recipe to the dot. The meat is so tender, and there's so much depth of flavor I am amazed!
ETA: I now use 3/4 cup of red wine, and allow the meat and onions to simmer in the wine for about 30 minutes before adding any other ingredients. Much more flavor, and also much more tender.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 in. slices
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- to taste salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package of medium egg noodles (wide if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion in olive oil until softened.
- Add steak to the skillet and simmer meat covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove 3/4 of the juice from steak.
- Add red wine, cream of mushroom soup, salt and pepper and cover lid again.
- In separate pan sauté mushrooms in butter, add parsley and paprika.
- When done add sauteed mushrooms to the steak and bring to a boil.
- Add 4 tbls of sour cream to steak.
- Serve over medium or wide egg noodles.