Recipe by Dotty2
This is a bread that I make at holiday time as well as during the year. Double the recipe to have enough for smaller gift loaves.
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
- 118.29 ml fine shredded coconut
- 118.29 ml chopped cherries
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml mashed banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- beat in eggs, 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Measure first amount of flour, add baking soda and baking powder and salt into separate bowl and stir.
- toss walnuts, coconut and cherries with second amount of flour in another bowl.
- Add flour in 4 additions alternately with banana in 3 additions, beginning and ending with flour.
- Add fruit mixture, mix only until blended, do not overmix.
- turn into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 350F oven for 50-60 minutes or until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.