Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake is rich and delicious. The recipe was given to me by a co-worker many years ago.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant vanilla pudding (small box)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 4 2⁄3 ounces milk chocolate candy bars (3 Hershey bars)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix devils food cake mix, instant pudding, vegetable oil, milk, and eggs in large bowl until well blended.
- Pour into 2 9 inch or 3 8 inch cake pans.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes.
- For frosting - Mix cream cheese and both sugars with a mixer until creamy.
- Add cool whip and mix.
- Fold in Hershey bar (save some for garnish if desired).
- Let cake cool completely.
- Frost and refrigerate.