Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick, healthy, flavorful vegetarian dish. One of my summer staples.
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, original
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly milled
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 7 cups fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place the brown rice, vegetable broth and herbs together in a pan. Cook 45 minutes as one would cook brown rice normally.
- About 7 minutes before the rice is finished cooking, lightly sauté the broccoli by itself with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Set aside in a covered bowl.
- Next, sauté the onion on its own with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add it to the broccoli in the bowl.
- With the remaining olive oil lightly wilt/sauté the spinach in a pan.
- Take approximately 1 cup of the cooked rice and place it in the middle of a plate. Lay the desired amount of spinach on top of that, followed by the broccoli and onion.
- Serve while vegetables are still warm.