1/1 Photo of Hearty Rice Skillet
From a vegetarian cookbook I have- If you use instant brown rice when preparing this, use only 2/3 cup water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 2 cups loose-pack frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill, crushed
- 3 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces) or 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1In a large skillet stir beans, undrained tomatoes, vegetables, water, uncooked rice, thyme or dillweed, and, if desired, hot pepper sauce.
- 2Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- 3Cover and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes or till rice is tender.
- 4Stir in soup; heat through.
- 5Before serving, stir in almonds and sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Rice Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 808.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking brown rice