Cherry Tomato & Chicken Saute With Brown Rice
photo by Starrah
- Ready In:
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 100 g boneless white chicken meat
- 1⁄4 white onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes, preserving as much juice as possible. Dice the onion, and mince the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until onions begin to soften.
- Add the brown sugar while stirring. Stir and cook for one more minute.
- Add the tomatoes. Cook until the juice from the tomatoes begins to fill the bottom of the pan. As they cook, squash the tomatoes with a wooden spoon in the pan to create a sauce.
- Push the saute to the edges of the pan, creating a clear circle in the middle. Add chicken, cooking and slowly mixing with the rest of the saute.
- Before the chicken is entirely cooked, add the spices. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Mix with the cooked rice in a bowl, and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an American English teacher living and working in Japan. The fast food here is not so great, so I spend a lot of time cooking and trying new recipes. I grew up in an Italian-American household, so I'm used to good Italian home cooking. I learned a lot from my family, but also use cookbooks regularly. I mostly cook Italian and Asian-fusion dishes, Irish soups, and some traditional Japanese dishes. I love having so many fresh Asian ingredients readily available, but I miss the shelves of an American supermarket just as much! I love being a teacher, and my other hobbies include photography, knit & crochet, and playing guitar & singing.