Spinach Saute With Brown Butter & Garlic
photo by Luvs 2 Cook
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, gently crushed and peeled
- 10 -12 ounces spinach, thick stems trimmed, leaves washed and dried well
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, halved
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter with the garlic until the butter is golden brown and smells nutty; make sure the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Raise the heat to high and add the spinach, in batches if need be, flipping and stirring, until just barely wilted, about 1 minute Take the pan off the heat; remove the garlic.
- Season the spinach with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon.
- Toss and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 74 more reviews
Excellent sauted spinach. I minced my garlic instead of crushing and left it to mix with the spinach and coat the leaves. Because I used minced, I had to start browning my butter before adding the garlic (so as not to burn the tiny pieces), but it was still infused with that lovely garlicky aroma and flavor. Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an adventurous foodie. Cooking is how I express myself.