Chicken Pepper Skillet
(Diabetic Friendly) I really enjoy stir frys and this one is really good with the addition of the lemon juice. I usually put this on brown rice. Easy, tasty and healthy!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 bell peppers, cut into thin strips (red green and yellow)
- 8 mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil oven medium-high heat; add chicken and stir-fry until done and lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Add bell pepper strips, mushrooms, sliced onion, cumin and oregano. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper; toss to combine well and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation