I have made this recipe out of my crock pot book many times, "Rival Crock Pot, Slow cooker Favoites". My husband says it's his favorite.
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced (I use 1 lb. (or more)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced and undrained
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup green peas, frozen
- 3⁄4 cup pearl barley, uncooked
- salt and pepper
- In crock pot layer carrots, mushrooms, and beef.
- Combine soup mix, broth, Worcestershire, tomatoes, water, and barley, pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir in peas and cook, covered 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Season if desired with salt and pepper.
- I serve this with a crusty bread.
Very tasty! I didn't have any peas or beef broth. I used a beef bouillon and added more water. Will make this one again! Thanks for the recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game 2009.