Crock Pot Dressing
- Ready In:
1 large pan
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup parsley sprig
- 2 (8 ounce) cans drained mushrooms
- 12 -13 cups slightly dry bread cubes (and or cornbread)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram (optional)
- 3 1⁄2 - 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 3 1/2-4 1/2 cups turkey broth, and diced giblets
- Melt butter in skillet and sauté onion, celery, parsley and mushrooms. Pour over bread crumbs in very large mixing bowl. Add all seasonings and toss well together. Pour enough broth to moisten, add beaten eggs, and mix together well.
- Pack lightly into crock pot. Cover and set to high for 45 minute then reduce heat to low and cook for 4 to 8 hours.
- (Check on it every so often and add more broth if necessary).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Missouri born and bred. Raised in a family of awesome cooks and bakers! I love to cook, bake breads, pies. Nothing makes me happier than to hear someone moan or sigh with delight while eating something I've made.