Recipe by Dreamgoddess
I've had this recipe for quite a while and can't remember if it came from a magazine or on the internet. I do know these ribs are delicious! I usually have to double the recipe for my family because my DH could eat his weight in these ribs. Have plenty of napkins on hand...they're messy. Enjoy!
- 4 lbs spareribs, cut in serving size pieces
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange ribs, meaty side down, in a foil lined pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in vinegar, chili sauce, water, undrained pineapple, onion, soy sauce, and mustard.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove the pan from the oven and drain the fat from the ribs.
- Turn the ribs meaty side up.
- Spoon 2 c sauce over the ribs.
- Reserve the remaining sauce in the pan.
- Cover the ribs and bake 45 minutes longer or until tender.
- Remove the ribs to a platter.
- Heat the sauce in the pan and serve with the ribs.