White Chocolate Mousse Torte With Oreo Cookie Crust
photo by Realtor by day, Chef by night
- Ready In:
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 lb white chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (1 packet)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional Oreo cookies, crumbled for garnish
- Butter 10" springform pan.
- Finely grind cookies in food processor; add melted butter and blend until combined. Press crust mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bring cream to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low; add chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over crust. Chill.
- Combine white chocolate and 1 cup cream in top of double boiller. Stir over simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove from over water. Cool to barely lukewarm.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water in heavy small saucepan. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Pour into large bowl.
- Add 2 remaining cups cream and vanilla; stir to combine.
- Beat cream-gelatin mixture to soft peaks; fold in white chocolate mixture. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate until filling is set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Run a small, sharp knife around pan sides to loosen torte. Release pan sides.
- Sprinkle top with chopped cookies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!