White Chocolate Mousse Torte
I picked this recipe up last Christmas from a Christmas fair I went to with my mom. It is absolutely gorgeous and just melts in your mouth. A great treat for a dinner party dessert or to pass around as a little bite. Make it the night before and put it in the fridge for best results.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 225 g ginger biscuits, finely crushed
- 75 g butter
- 700 g good white chocolate
- 600 ml double cream
- icing sugar or cocoa powder, to decorate
- raspberries, to decorate (optional)
- Line the base of a 23cm (9 in) round spring form tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and stir in the biscuit crumbs. Press into prepared tin and chill for 15 minutes.
- Break chocolate into small pieces and place in saucepan with half the cream. Heat very gently, stirring occasionally until almost smooth – be careful not to overheat as it will solidify again.
- Pour into a bowl and cool for 15 mins or until just beginning to thicken. Stir occasionally.
- Whip the remainder of the cream until it forms soft peaks. Fold into the cool chocolate mixture.
- Pour over the biscuit base and chill for at least 3 hrs, preferably overnight. Sprinkle with icing sugar/cocoa powder, cut into squares and press a raspberry into the centre of each square.