Teenagers Dream Cheesecake
photo by VetteMom
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 (1 1/4 lb) package chocolate sandwich style cookies (I use Oreos)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For the crust:
- In a food processor whirl 1/2 package of the cookies, including the filing, until they form fine crumbs.
- Mix in melted butter.
- Scoop crumb/butter mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch cheesecake pan with removable bottom and press crumbs evenly over bottom of pan and about 1/2 inch up sides.
- Chill crust to firm, about 20 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and whipping cream at medium speed until smooth.
- Add eggs, flour and vanilla. Beat again to blend.
- Pour 1/2 the cream cheese mixture into chilled crust.
- Break remaining cookies in half and scatter over mixture, overlapping cookies, if necessary, to use all.
- Pour remaining cream cheese mixture over the cookie layer.
- Bake cake in a 300 degree oven until cheesecake is golden on top and jiggles only slightly in center when gently shaken, about 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Take cake from oven a let cool on a rack. Cover and chill until cold, at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Before serving, run a knife between cake and pan sides; remove rim.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!