Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
photo by Air Force Mama
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 3 lbs rack of ribs (I use pork loin ribs)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon julios seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I love Sweet Baby Rays Honey Chipotle)
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (or use a slow cooker liner to make clean up a breeze!).
- Take the slab of ribs and cut in half.
- Mix together brown sugar and Julios seasoning and rub onto the ribs.
- Put the ribs into the slow cooker on their side.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- After they are done in the slow cooker, use tongs to GENTLY pull them out (they will literally fall off the bone).
- Turn the broiler on in your oven.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place ribs on sheet.
- Cover with the BBQ sauce and place in oven to get the BBQ sauce to get a nice char.
- Optional: You can skip the oven and put on the grill!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!