Seashells' Crock Pot BBQ Ribs!
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 30mins
- Spray inside of 4 to 5 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Remove inner skin from ribs.
- Mix brown sugar, salt, pepper, liquid smoke and garlic.
- Rub mixture into ribs.
- Cut ribs into 4 inch pieces.
- Layer ribs and onion in crock pot.
- Pour cola over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until tender.
- Remove ribs from pot.
- Drain and discard liquid.
- Pour BBQ sauce into shallow bowl.
- Dip ribs into sauce.
- Place ribs in crock pot
- Pour any remaining sauce over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting one more hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
YUM! Very clean plates at our house tonight! We used Kraft Bullseye Bold Original BBQ sauce, but didn't have the liquid smoke (which would have made it even better!) I found the time was a little off, and I cooked them on high for 6 hours and they were fall off the bone ready! (I put them in the sauce for another hour after that on low). The kids liked them and my husband and I LOVED them! Easy, tasty and delicious. (Oh, and we used pork back ribs).
Made these last night, I cooked them for an hour on high as I didn't have enough time to do them on slow in 8-9 hours, and they turned out fantastic! I used 5 cloves of grated garlic because we are garlic lovers, but other than that followed the recipe exactly, using Coke as the Cola...will be keeping this recipe for sure, it was incredible!
We used Dr. Pepper instead of cola, because we didn't have any... I can't imagine what it would taste like with cola, but the Dr. Pepper and Wegman's BBQ Brown Sugar BBQ sauce was incredible. <br/><br/>We made a rack of ribs and by the time both stages were done, only 4 bones were left. The rest had fallen off. It is delicious and moist! Thanks for a great recipe!