Tasty Crock Pot BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 25mins
4 Big Eaters
- 5 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I used John Boy and Billy's hot & spicy grillin' sauce)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dark cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- While I boil the pork for 20-30 minutes to decrease fat, I mix all other ingredients together in a large enough bowl and stir to mix well.
- Put pork in the crock pot, adding sauce as you go, until you get to about an inch from the top.
- Use as much sauce as you can as it will be needed later to put over the rice.
- With a big spoon, give a stir to blend all together.
- Put on the lid, turn on high and let it cook for about 5 hours.
- After that, you may want to keep it a little longer on low to keep it hot.
- Serve this with some white rice, baked beans (or just pork& beans), cole slaw and some toasted garlic bread and you have yourself a meal.
- Be sure to use lots of the sauce over the pork and rice.
Join The Conversation