Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy served over hot cooked rice.
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 carrot, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-1/2-inch strips
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in the water, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry carrot in 1 tablespoon hot oil for 1 minute. Stir in the celery, sweet peppers and onion; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas; stir-fry about 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir soy sauce mixture; gradually stir into skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in vegetable mixture and pineapple chunks; heat through.
- Serve over rice if desired.