Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband's favourite weekday meal (really I could make it any day of the week, weekend included!). Serve with mashed potatoes or over short-cut pasta. Adapted from a recipe found on another site. Originally posted by Micha in AZ.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, not thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese, for topping
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs, buttered, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a non-stick fry pan, soften onion, then brown hamburger. Add frozen spinach, cover and cook until spinach thaws, scraping spinach as it melts.
- Stir in soup, soy sauce, pepper, Cajun seasoning and 1/3 cup cheese. Cook until cheese melts, then place in a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400°F for about 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Soo good and easy. We had this for lunch today. Nothing was left. Will keep this in our supper rotation. Thanks for a great family recipe!
Didn't like this at all....family wouldn't eat it . Ended up throwing away.
Simple to make and delicious! Served it over small shell macaroni. Will keep this recipe for sure, Thanks!!