Out of the Blue's Note:
My husband's favourite weekday meal (really I could make it any day of the week, weekend included!). Serve with mashed potatoes or over short-cut pasta. Adapted from a recipe found on another site. Originally posted by Micha in AZ.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, not thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning (to taste)
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese, for topping
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs, buttered, for topping
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a non-stick fry pan, soften onion, then brown hamburger. Add frozen spinach, cover and cook until spinach thaws, scraping spinach as it melts.
- 3Stir in soup, soy sauce, pepper, Cajun seasoning and 1/3 cup cheese. Cook until cheese melts, then place in a greased 2-quart casserole.
- 4Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup cheese and bread crumbs.
- 5Bake at 400°F for about 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Spinach Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.1
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 91.0 mg
- Sodium 1227.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 32.6 g