Sallie's Hamburger Casserole
This is a recipe I got many years ago from a friend. I made it every Friday night as part of a pre-game dinner for my son's high school football team. It is a real winner!!!!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces meullers wide egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown beef and drain well.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, sugar and tomato sauce, stirring well. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Cook egg noodles and drain.
- To the noodles add the sour cream, cottage cheese and onion - mix well.
- In a greased 13 x 9 inch pan, alternately layer the beef mixture with the noodle mixture, starting and ending with the beef mixture.
- Cover with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, uncovered.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation