Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salsa is also good on salmon or sautéed chicken breasts.
- 1 mango, diced
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 4 halibut fillets, about 6 ounces each
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine mango, red pepper, and red onion in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, cumin, and green Tabasco.
- Add to mango mix.
- Stir in cilantro and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Season the halibut fillets with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the halibut fillets and sear the fillets for 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- To serve, place fish on separate plates and top with salsa.