Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This was so good. Points...8.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb carrot, cut in 1/4 inch dice
- 1 cup chopped leek
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 celery ribs, cut in 1/4 inch dice
- 6 ounces arugula or 6 ounces spinach, washed,stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced thyme or 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup clam juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut, cut into 4 portions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, leeks and celery and saute until tender-crisp, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in the arugula, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until the vegetables soften, stirring, 2 minutes longer.
- Add the vegetable broth and set the halibut on top of the vegetables.
- Season the fish with the paprika, the remaining thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until the halibut is opaque in the center, 4 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
- Spoon the vegetables and fish onto warm dinner plates and serve.
Wonderful recipe. So easy and healthy! I used spinach instead of arugula and then followed the recipe exactly. The halibut was perfectly done in 8 minutes.