1/2 Photos of Ground Turkey Chili
A healthier alternative to regular chili. This chili is economical and freezes well. I threw it together with things I already had in my kitchen after ground turkey went on sale at the store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (from jar is ok)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1In a large pot over medium heat saute the onion, garlic and ground turkey until turkey is browned.
- 2Add tomatoes, pepper, cumin, chili powder, oregano, cinnamon, brown sugar and cayenne pepper.
- 3Saute for 5 more minutes.
- 4Add black beans, corn and chicken broth to the pot.
- 5Puree cannellini beans in a blender or food processor.
- 6Add puree to the pot.
- 7Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 8If the turkey mixture seems dry when browning, add a splash of olive oil.
- 9The spice measurements are approximate.
- 10If you want more or less heat, adjust the cayenne and the hot sauce.
- 11If desired, garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese or green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Turkey Chili
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.3
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 814.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 35.7 g