Recipe by rsarahl
Great way to use summer's bounty! Serve hot or at room temperature. A wonderful vegetarian entree when paired with crusty bread and a salad or flavorful side to any grilled fare.
- 2 medium eggplants, about 1 lb total
- 3 medium zucchini, about 1 1/4 lbs total
- 3 medium bell peppers
- 2 medium Belgian endive, about 10 ozs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and minced
- 8 medium green olives, pitted and minced (about 3 Tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut zucchini and eggplant lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Core, seed and quarter the peppers.
- Slice endives in half lengthwise.
- Place all vegetables in a bowl and drizzle with 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and toss all to combine.
- Combine parsley, capers, olives, lemon juice and remaining olive oil in a small bowl and set aside in the refridgerator to allow the flavors to combine.
- Grill or broil vegetables, turning them once until they are lightly browned on both sides.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving platter, spoon the salsa verde over them and serve.