Grilled Baby Vegetables
photo by jonesies
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb baby zucchini, halved lengthwise (6)
- 2 -3 baby eggplants, thinly sliced lengthwise, 1/2 pound
- 12 baby portabella mushrooms, criminis
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning, 2/3 palm full (recommended ( Montreal Steak Seasoning blend by McCormick)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat a grill pan, indoor or outdoor grill to medium high-high heat.
- Place the vegetables in a large plastic food storage bag.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl, stream in the extra-virgin olive oil and beat dressing with a fork.
- Pour dressing into the food storage bag and seal bag.
- Coat the vegetables evenly with dressing then grill vegetables a couple of minutes on each side until marked and tender.
- Arrange on a small platter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were sooo good. I followed the recipe except for cutting the amount of veggies because I am the only one in my house that eats them. I filled up on these and left the rest of supper for everyone else!! I wish my camera battery wasn't dead. They were beautiful. These are better than my own recipe...so this is my new recipe. ;)
If I could give this recipe 100 stars, I would! I LOVE it!! The marinade is so good that when I tried the final dish, I went to the fridge to see what other veggies I had to grill. Unfortunately, I only had broccoli and cucumbers in the crisper :( Anyway, I will only be using this marinade from now on for my grilled veggies, that's for sure!! It is soooo flavorful! I made it exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing....except to triple the recipe :) Did I mention I LOVE it?!? Thanks so much Mimi. Recipe made for Zaar Tag. Updated: I truly use this recipe so much! I mix beef or chicken chunks with the veggies (I really love broccoli grilled now) and have tried every veggie under the sun with this marinade. I have never been disappointed! Still making it on the George Foreman, and it cooks up so great! Thanks AGAIN Mimi for this fantastic recipe.
AWESOME!! You've got to love veggies with so much flavor! I skipped the eggplant and added a yellow zucchini, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I think I could have licked my plate clean! I will make my veggies, especially mushrooms, this way again many times over. It was super easy on a grill pan, too. Thanks, Mimi!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Very busy nanny/au pair, working for a very rich and snooty family, in a very large home, in a very snooty village. Just in case my employer comes here, please don't ask where I am from, or I'll be sacked like the last nanny was. ;-) I take care of 4 gorgeous, and darling kids. 3 girls and a boy. The boy is the youngest (and my favorite). They are great children, very, very active. (Hyper) I love to cook. I guess that's a given, why else would I be here. Part of my job is also to prepare meals for the family. The more they like my food, the longer I get to stay. (just a little joke) On my day off, I usually go out to the cinema or some dance clubs with the other au pairs in this town. That's about it I think.