Grilled Vegetables With Vinaigrette
photo by WizzyTheStick
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons coarse grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine garlic, mustard, honey, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
- Add oil slowly, whisking constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To preparare the vegetables, cover them with vinaigrette and blend thoroughly.
- Place vegetables on a medium-hot grill and grill for 2 to 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made marinate as directed, and ended up marinating veggies 2 days. Weather wouldn't permit grilling, as I would have planned. Thus, I drained veggies, placed in single layer in glass casserole, and baked at 425 degrees for 25 minutes until browned on the edges and all marinade liquid was evaporated. These were delicious! I will be making these often during the summer (on the grill), and winter (in the oven). Think I'll add fresh mushrooms next time, too. Kree, thanks for a tasty veggie recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a real estate agent in the lovely city of Rochester, New York. That's not what I expected to do with my life. I got my bachelor's in psychology, my masters in literacy education, and I taught high school special education for two years. Then I discovered that helping people find the homes of their dreams was my real passion. I've been doing it for over two years now and still absolutely love my career. Other than that, I have a very spoiled Border Collie mix named Bear that I adopted from a local shelter in spring '08. He's gorgeous and fun and brings me great joy. Now if only I could find a man like that... LOL!