Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Takes you to a quiet beach off the Mexico coast with the sun setting and the surf breaking...A favorite of ours when grilling in Mexico (or anywhere for that matter) - where the shrimp are so fresh and so cheap! Great with a cold beer in hand or a frothy, frozen concoction!
- Combine marinade ingredients- cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Combine butter sauce in small saucepan over low heat until melted and well combined- can also be done in the microwave.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and grill until no longer pink and they turn an opaque color.
- For large shrimp this usually takes about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with garlic butter sauce for dipping- YUM!
- The servings are approximate- as we have used this both as an appetizer and as a meal.
- Prep time is only good if your shrimp are already peeled/deveined- add additional time if you need to do this yourself.
This recipe was just wonderful. We couldn't stop eating them. The lemon just made them pop. Will make many more times. Thanks for posting.
Easy and excellent! Perfect dipping sauce. I added about 4-5 dashes of tobasco and a pinch of black pepper and it turned out perfect! Thanks for posting!
Delicious! I made this yesterday as part of my mom's birthday dinner. http://www.recipezaar.com/menu/37757 Big hit! The dipping sauce is phenomenal!