Recipe by Mary Close
A simple delicious way to grill shrimp. This is from a 1998 Bon Appetit magazine, and they recommend serving Margaritas with the shrimp. How bad can that be?
Top Review by Navymommy
I have made this many times over this summer as a quick go to meal. I serve it with whole wheat angel hair pasta dressed with a little garlic, evoo, shaved parm and salt and fresh ground pepper. Add a salad and grilled garlic bread and it is aperfect light meal. My husband loves it
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- skewer, if using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir shrimp, oil and garlic in a large dish to combine. Add breadcumbs and parsley and toss until shrimp are evenly coated. Place on plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours.
- Grill shrimp on medium high heat until just opaque in the center and breadcrumbs begin to brown. About 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer skewers to platter, and surround with lemon wedges.