1/2 Photos of Grilled Sea Bass With a Portuguese Sauce
Vicki in CT's Note:
The Essence of Emeril
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 fish fillets, seabass about 1/4 to 1/2 pound each (I've also used salmon)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, in all
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup peeled seeded and chopped roma tomato
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 1 cup fresh fava beans, blanched and peeled (I sub with butter beans)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into tablespoons
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1Preheat the grill.
- 2Rub each fish with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the fish on the hot grill and grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on the weight of each fish.
- 3In a saute pan, heat the remaining olive oil. When the oil is hot, saute the onions for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, black olives and fava beans. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in the garlic, anchovies, fresh herbs and white wine. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- 5Fold in the butter, a tablespoon at a time. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Spoon the sauce in the center of an oblong plate. Lay the fish directly on top of the sauce. Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Portuguese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Portuguese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Sea Bass With a Portuguese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.0
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 410.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 45.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: