The Essence of Emeril
Make and share this Grilled Sea Bass With a Portuguese Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 fish fillets, seabass about 1/4 to 1/2 pound each (I've also used salmon)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, in all
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup peeled seeded and chopped roma tomato
- 1⁄3 cup pitted black olives
- 1 cup fresh fava beans, blanched and peeled (I sub with butter beans)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into tablespoons
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the grill.
- Rub each fish with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the fish on the hot grill and grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on the weight of each fish.
- In a saute pan, heat the remaining olive oil. When the oil is hot, saute the onions for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, black olives and fava beans. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, anchovies, fresh herbs and white wine. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the butter, a tablespoon at a time. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce in the center of an oblong plate. Lay the fish directly on top of the sauce. Garnish with parsley.