Grilled Blackened Sea Bass
photo by Vicki in CT
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 skinless sea bass (4 to 6 oz ea)
- lemon, halves
- fresh dill sprig (to garnish)
- Preheat barbecue grill.
- Combine all seasonings in small bowl and mix well.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat and pour into pie plate.
- Dip sea bass into melted butter, evenly coating both sides.
- Sprinkle both sides of sea bass with seasoning mixture.
- Place on grill and cook covered for approximately 6 to 8 minutes or until it is blackened and flakes easily.
- Turn halfway through grilling time.
- Serve with lemon and garnish with dill sprigs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I don't typically write reviews... this deserved one. Beyond impressed/satisfied. Couldn't offer any adjustments (besides the fact I used my broiler instead of the grill). I cut the recipe down to 1 serving, used a freshly caught whole black seabass, followed to a T besies doubling up on the crushed red pepper since I love the kick. At first I had thought the topping wouldn't be enough but it was the perfect amount. A+++ from me - thank you for helping me totally enjoy my catch from beginning to end. (will recommend)
see 12 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.