Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Just writing this recipe makes me want to drool as I remember how delicious it was . . . mmmmm, lamb. My husband who loathes sheep is now ready to raise some so that we can have this recipe more often. Easy. Yummy. Lamby.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lamb chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- Mix ingredients except for lamb in a bowl.
- Place the chops in a container to marinate. I use a zip lock bag.
- Pour ingredients over chops, making sure both sides are well covered.
- Let marinate overnight. The longer the better, but give them at least one hour.
- Let chops come to room temperature (approximately 20 minutes) before grilling. Discard marinade.
- Cook on the bbq or under the broiler. For medium try about 3 1/2 minutes per side. I have also used venison chops with this recipe with great success.
I don't buy lamb very often because it is soooo expensive, but this recipe is excellent! It takes away that "wild" taste of the meat, and gives it a little bit of a zing!! If you are looking for an excellent lamb chop experience, you will make this recipe more than once! Thanks!
Wonderful recipe Sandy! I'm with your husband, I used to loathe lamb also but my boyfriend loves it. This recipe is delicious! I made as directed but added some chopped mint from my garden to the marinade. Thanks for sharing!
I have made these a few times and this is the only way I will eat lamb chops! They come out very tender. I also add kosher salt instead of sea salt and extra minced garlic. SO good! I try to marinate them overnight as well, but I have marinated them 6-8 hours (put them in a ziploc with all of the ingredients in the morning and grilled them for dinner) and they were still awesome. Thank you Sandy!