Recipe by DailyInspiration
This delicious pesto would also be nice tossed with cooked pasta, served on toasted crostini or as a dip for pita chips. Recipe from Bon Appetite.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Fantastic pesto! I used only four tablespoons oil and it was saucy, so three may even be enough for a thicker version. Served with sliced fresh avocado, this was a perfect summer meal.
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained well
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond, toasted (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend first 7 ingredients and 6 tablespoons of oil in a food processor until almost smooth. Add almonds and process until finely chopped, but not ground. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Brush chicken with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Skewer each piece with toothpick. Arrange on platter and serve with pesto.