Argentine Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 yellow onions, cut into eighths
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- bamboo skewer
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika (www.worldspice.com has the real stuff)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh Mexican oregano
- kosher salt
- black peppercorns
- Soak the skewers for an hour.
- Set charcoal alight.
- In your handy mortar grind the Oil, Garlic, Paprika, Oregano, Salt, and Peppercorns.
- Skin, debone, and de-fat the chicken.
- Cut into 1/2 cubes.
- Rinse, pat dry, stir into Marinade.
- Coat well.
- Thread the Onion, Chicken, Peppers, and Cherry Tomatoes alternately onto the skewers.
- Grill over medium coals for 15-20 minutes'til everything is done.
- This works well grilled over a hibachi or other small grill on a picnic.
- Prepare everything at home and do the grilling at the picnic site.
- It's almost as good cooked under the broiler at home.
Join The Conversation
We really enjoyed these, very tasty and easy to make. I couldn't find any mexican oregano (probably can't get it here), so I had to use regular. Since I am always looking for ways to cut back on fat, I only used 3 tablespoons of olive oil instead of the half cup and I found that it coated all the meat and veggies quite well. I let them marinate with the garlic, oregano, paprika oil mixture for a little while to bring out the flavour. Very good skewers and legal for the South Beach diet. Thanks for sharing, Pierre.