Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in a Weber BBQ cookbook and liked it for it's simplicity and for the fact that I could let them cook away on the grill with a minimum of supervision. My guests loved them! The next day, I re-grilled the leftovers and they were just as good, if not better, than they were the night before. My brats were quite large with 4 of them to a pound so the serving size here is approximate.
- Set up your grill for cooking indirectly over medium heat- for a gas grill just leave one burner unlit and for charcoal, move hot coals to the outside edges of the grill.
- Place a foil pan in the center of the cooking grate and pour the beer into the pan, then add onion and green pepper; place brats on grill alongside the pan and cook, turning occasionally, until they're lightly browned.
- Place brats into the pan with the beer and vegetables, cover grill and cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve on buns with mustard and chopped onions.
- Leftover brats can be re-grilled right on the grill for several minutes, until hot.
Fabulously easy, no mess and delicious! Will be making this again!!!
I cooked this one on the stove but still grilled the brats. Wonderful flavour.