Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very moist and cake. Nice light flavor without being too sweet
Make and share this Green Velvet Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Combine eggs, sugar, oil and vinegar in bowl.
- Mix well.
- Sift flour and soda together.
- Add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla and food coloring.
- Pour into 3 greased and floured 8 " cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Frost between layers, top and side of cake.
The recipe doesn't tell you when to incorporate the salt!
I halved this recipe and made 12 cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day. They were 5 star as far as the texture is concerned. Very moist. Light and tender despite all the oil. They leave an oily residue on your hands, but don't taste oily or greasy. Because most of the flavour comes from the frosting, I tweaked the recipe slightly to try and boost the flavour of the cupcakes themselves. Used 1 cup of sugar for the half recipe and would do that again. Used 1 tsp. vanilla for the half recipe, and added 1/2 tsp. almond extract and 3/4 tsp. rosewater. Because I wanted a vibrant green, I used 1 Tbsp. green food colouring. Filled cupcake liners just over halfway. Baking time was 20 mins. Didn't make the frosting in the recipe, but frosted with a cream cheese frosting instead.
Very easy, very moist, very tasty! A terrific cake in any color! So moist and flavorful that it needs no frosting.