Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mexican origination from one of my beloved neighbors Janelle.
Make and share this Green Chicken Pozole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 (32 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (32 ounce) can white hominy
- 3 medium onions, chopped fine
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
- 6 -7 cloves garlic, whole
- 2 -3 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Las Palmas Green Chili Sauce or 2 (14 ounce) cans El Torito Enchilada Green Chili Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can El Patio jalapeno chili sauce (for extra heat) (optional)
- Menudo Spice Mix (if you can find it) (optional)
- oregano, course
- cilantro, chopped
- onion, chopped
- lemon, sliced
- Boil chicken and pork together for about 1 hour in water.
- While it's cooking put 2 chopped onions and whole garlic clove.
- Skim off fat about every 15-20 minutes.
- Add chili and let cook another 15 minutes.
- Add 1 onion and bunch of cilantro, menudo mix, can of chicken broth, hominy and continue to cook for at least 0.5 hour.
- When served, crush oregano, cilantro, onion and squeeze lemon to taste.