2 hrs 30 mins
Mexican origination from one of my beloved neighbors Janelle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 (32 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (32 ounce) can white hominy
- 3 medium onions, chopped fine
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
- 6 -7 cloves garlic, whole
- 2 -3 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Las Palmas Green Chili Sauce or 2 (14 ounce) cans El Torito Enchilada Green Chili Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can El Patio jalapeno chili sauce (for extra heat) (optional)
- Menudo Spice Mix (if you can find it) (optional)
- 1Boil chicken and pork together for about 1 hour in water.
- 2While it's cooking put 2 chopped onions and whole garlic clove.
- 3Skim off fat about every 15-20 minutes.
- 4Add chili and let cook another 15 minutes.
- 5Add 1 onion and bunch of cilantro, menudo mix, can of chicken broth, hominy and continue to cook for at least 0.5 hour.
- 6When served, crush oregano, cilantro, onion and squeeze lemon to taste.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chicken Pozole
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.9
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 385.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Las Palmas Green Chili Sauce