2 hrs 30 mins
Mexican origination from one of my beloved neighbors Janelle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 (32 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (32 ounce) can white hominy
- 3 medium onions, chopped fine
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
- 6 -7 cloves garlic, whole
- 2 -3 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Las Palmas Green Chili Sauce or 2 (14 ounce) cans El Torito Enchilada Green Chili Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can El Patio jalapeno chili sauce (for extra heat) (optional)
- Menudo Spice Mix (if you can find it) (optional)
- 1Boil chicken and pork together for about 1 hour in water.
- 2While it's cooking put 2 chopped onions and whole garlic clove.
- 3Skim off fat about every 15-20 minutes.
- 4Add chili and let cook another 15 minutes.
- 5Add 1 onion and bunch of cilantro, menudo mix, can of chicken broth, hominy and continue to cook for at least 0.5 hour.
- 6When served, crush oregano, cilantro, onion and squeeze lemon to taste.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chicken Pozole
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.9
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 385.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Las Palmas Green Chili Sauce