Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
You can substitute these with any type of green or wax bean. During bean season our garden overflows so any new recipe I find I gladly try. These are fresh and light.
- 7.39 ml coarse salt
- 453.59 g green beans, trimmed
- 29.58 ml butter, cut in small pieces
- 14.79 ml finely grated lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- fresh ground pepper
- Fill a medium saucepan 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and beans.
- Return to a boil and cook 4-5 minutes or they are crisp tender.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Put back in pan and add butter and zest.
- Season with pepper and more salt if you need it.
Love beans! Delicious! Thank you for sharing. Made for spring PAC 2013.
Very tasty and easy way to enjoy green beans, thanks so much for the post.
YUM! This was a very fresh tasting green bean dish. We loved it! I used my homegrown Meyer lemon which made it even better!! Made for PAC Spring 2012.