- 1 lb thin green beans, such as haricots verts, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans in a 5-quart pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Toss beans with oil, salt, and pepper to taste, then toss with lemon juice and half of zest.
- Serve beans sprinkled with remaining zest.