1/7 Photos of Greek Grilled Fish
Great for summer grilling and one of our favorite recipes. For variety you may make this using a variety of Greek herbs and spices - I do! Like adding a grating of black pepper just before it's done. Note ... I have never used the optional bay leaves - when using my fresh from the garden thyme or the organic packet of fresh herbs from the market - I let it dry before using and have added - "but dry it first!"to the ingredient list.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs fish fillets (I use salmon)
- 3 sprigs dried thyme (I use fresh when available ... but dry it first)
- 5 fresh rosemary sprigs (to taste)
- 8 large bay leaves (I have never used the bay leaves) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- coarsely ground thyme (to taste, may sub with oregano)
- olive oil, to brush grill
- aluminum foil
- 1Rinse and pat dry.
- 2Lightly salt both sides, set in a colander over a bowl refrigerate until ready to grill.
- 3Fire up the grill - brush grill with olive oil to prevent sticking (a hand held grid makes turning easier).
- 4If you wish to lay aluminium foil on the grill poke several holes through foil or make the base with the dried thyme, rosemary branches and bay leaves directly on grill, be sure to overlap so they cover a slightly bigger area then the fish.
- 5In a small bowl combine the lemon juice and olive oil, brush fish with the mixture, sprinkle lightly with the coarse thyme or oregano - baste frequently with the lemon/olive oil mixture.
- 6Cover the fish loosely with aluminium foil to keep moist.
- 7Cook about 20 minutes or until fish flakes readily when prodded with a fork in the thickest part.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Grilled Fish
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.3
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 124.6 mg
- Sodium 177.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 51.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: