Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 (6 ounce) package garlic and herb couscous mix
- 3⁄4 cup chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cucumber, diced & seeded
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning (I use my Homemade Greek Seasoning Mix)
- In jar with tight fitting lid, combine all dressing ingredients and shake until combined. Set aside.
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Allow to cool, then fluff with a fork.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients and 1/2 cup (or all) of the salad dressing. Stir to combine, and chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.