1/1 Photo of Greek Chicken
I came up with this recipe last year-it was one of those-hmmm, here's what we got now let's make something. It's very good and the whole family likes it. You can sub broccoli for the spinach if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1 lb mushroom, quartered
- 1 large onion, sliced into long thin wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- black olives, sliced
- green olives, sliced
- feta cheese (I buy it in containers so the measurements are never the same-let's say a 3x3x2 piece crumbled)
- 1Lightly salt and pepper chicken and fry in oil-slice each breast into 4 or 5 thick slices.
- 2You want it only half way cooked.
- 3Add tomatoes with juice-spinach and mushrooms.
- 4Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Add onions, garlic and oregano and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 6Check to see if chicken is cooked through.
- 7If done add wine and olives and heat through.
- 8Add half of the feta and remove from heat-toss.
- 9Offer remaining feta at the table.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 119.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 32.2 g