Lemon Greek Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this recipe in a Pampered Chef book. This is really good. My family really loves this.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium baking potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 8 ounces fresh whole mushrooms
- 4 bone in chicken breast halves or 2 1/2-3 lbs chicken, cut up
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine lemon zest, juice and oil.
- Press in garlic, add oregano, salt and black pepper; set aside.
- In a ziplock bag toss all the vegetables in 1/2 of the lemon juice mixture and layer on the bottom of a baking pan.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables; brush with remaining lemon juice mixture.
- Bake 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink in the center, brushing chicken and vegetables with pan juices several times throughout the baking time.
- Note: I make a little extra lemon juice mixture to make it even zestier.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Good! Just received a covered baker as a gift and have been busy putting it to good use. This was the first recipe I made. Used multicolored fingerling potatoes because that's what I had, but chunks of russet or red potatoes would be good. Next time I'd skin the chicken before baking. Thanks for sharing the recipe!Reply
This was sooo good. The house smelled wonderful while it was cooking. I used chicken thighs instead of breasts, because my family prefers dark meat. They were not dry at all, which surprised me a little because the dish cooked the entire time uncovered. I think the potatoes were even better than the chicken. They had a wonderful lemony flavor. I highly recommend this recipe!Reply
see 4 more